Health, Safety & Environment (HSE)
At GroundMetrics, we are focused on protecting the health, safety and environment (HSE) of our employees, clients, and contractors as well as the wildlife, livestock, crops and other property in our work areas.
Safety is our number one priority. Our goal is to conduct corporate and field operations with no injuries nor harm to people, wildlife, or livestock, and no damage to crops, property or the environment. No job is so important or urgent that it cannot be done in a safe and environmentally responsible manner.
We believe the path to achieving our HSE performance goals begins with designing technologies and procuring equipment that is inherently safe, providing proper training, and empowering employees to carry out effective policies and programs.
GroundMetrics’ technology poses minimal risk to people, property and the environment. The system is safe enough for operation in populated and developed areas and does not involve emissions that are detectable by humans or animals.
- A GroundMetrics TCS-30™ source is noninvasive and does not require deployment of anything down the borehole, eliminating many safety risks prevalent in oilfield operations. GroundMetrics Imon™ controls the TCS-30™ source through software for increased user-safety.
- GroundMetrics eQube™ sensors are safe to deploy and do not disturb the ground.
- GroundMetrics Eos™ is safe to deploy, does not disturb the ground, and is FCC approved.
- Safety gear and supplies such as first aid kits, fire extinguishers, and site-specific Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) are made available and easily accessible to all our crew members.
Once employees are properly equipped, the key to safe and environmentally friendly operations lies in carefully instructing them in correct procedures and operational standards, and in developing their ability to identify new hazards.
We make it a priority for employees and contractors to have the authority and organizational mechanisms to take action to ensure their own health and safety, as well as that of their colleagues, and to minimize the impact of our operations on the environment.
Our HSE-oriented culture is built upon our employee commitment, proper ongoing training, and empowerment of all staff to implement, sustain, and improve the HSE program. GroundMetrics’ management and employees work together to ensure the success and ongoing improvement of our HSE program.
- A GroundMetrics employee orientation training system, which includes the individual employee’s HSE responsibilities, is in place to ensure awareness and competency. Well trained employees can perform their duties in a healthy and safe manner that will lead to fewer incidents and increased productivity.
- Annual safety training is provided by a Certified Safety Professional (CSP) company in compliance with Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) standards.
- Our program is designed to incorporate customer and site-specific requirements into training as applicable.
- AGroundMetrics TCS-30™ source is noninvasive and does not require deployment of anything down the borehole, eliminating many safety risks prevalent in oilfield operations. GroundMetrics Imon™ controls the TCS-30™ source through software for increased user-safety.
- Prior to field operations, GroundMetrics reviews HSE requirements specific to the project site and operator, as well as the training and certifications status of each GroundMetrics employee to be deployed to the site so as to identify possible needs for further training. Each respective employee performs a training review plus new training and certification as necessary and as determined by the GroundMetrics Safety Officer.
- HSE reports are prepared by the Safety Officer of the project and provided to customers with interim and final deliverables as applicable.
- GroundMetrics accommodates other project-specific HSE requirements on a case-by-case basis.